Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Buy Things And Be Happy.

I have to give credit to the brilliant ad men of days gone by, as their stuff is still working on me. Kathryn Grayson goes for Sunbeam. Lucille Ball says RC tastes best. Jeanette MacDonald + GE = Acid Trip.
...
Wait, what?


I can honestly say that I've never been able to hear purple before. I thought I heard blue once, but that turned out to be a side effect of some medication I was taking, which also made me hallucinate a conversation with Ann Miller, but that's beside the point.
I can't say that I've been able to find anyone who heard this broadcast, but I'd be willing to bet I know how it sounded. Now, turn on a recording of The Waltz Song from Romeo Et Juliette, and replace the words with these: "Blue, blue, gree-ee-een, or-ah-ange; Red, red, fu-u-uschia-ah-ah!"
Jeanette MacDonald FM. You can HEAR the colors.
Perhaps that's what's worng with my brain. Due to listening to Jeanette with my FM transmitter all these years, I've been on a 5 year long acid trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment