Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Noel Coward's Favorite movie EVER!

I have a few thoughts on Bittersweet. Nevermind, I only have one thought about Bittersweet, and it can be summed up in Jeanette's face, in this picture:



OMG Spoilers ahoy!

The first time I saw this movie, I wept. I used half a box of kleenex. I know many of you are thinking to yourselves, "Wow, hate to think of how she reacted to Maytime," but I cried for very different reasons, here.
WORST. FIGHT. EVER.
I mean, if I were anyone working on that picture, I'd probably be thinking of any way to cut down on the time, too, but come on. We could have spared some expense by not making Jeanette into a giant wedding cake, at the end, and maybe let Nelson look like he had a chance. Jeanette and everyone else present in the sword fight scene deserve honorary oscars for getting through watching that without laughing. I just feel like it needs someone yelling, "It's only a flesh wound." It's got to be a comedy sequence.
But it's not.
And I cried.

No comments:

Post a Comment